Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Happy Birthday to Me!

So, I'm a little behind with this post... What a great birthday weekend! I picked up Alli at BWI last Thursday evening and on our way home I took the wrong exit on 495... I think I was on 495, I really have no clue about driving up here... Imagine that! It couldn't have been from us chatting each other's ear off and not paying attention to the GPS! Anyways, we ended up driving past the exit for Old Town Alexandria. Lucky us, we quickly made a u-turn and had dinner at the Fish Market. Their spiced shrimp is my favorite! Spiced shrimp & girl chat, perfect way to start my Birthday weekend! Friday, Emery went to daycare with Ms. Shirley and we went wine tasting with Laura & Gina... Oh my goodness, we had a BLAST!!! We had tasting at Marterella, Barrel Oak, and La Grange. Barrel Oak Winery was by far the best! On Saturday, we needed some rest & relaxation... as Ross prepped the house for my birthday party with the VA crew... he was the best host for Alli & I for the weekend! As everyone was arriving and we were getting ready to party, Emery woke up and was not feeling well... it was a rough night! I knew something was wrong as she never wakes once she is put down for the night. She officially has her first cold with a terrible cough. Too bad Sunday came way too fast and it was already time for Alli to go home... Thank you so much for coming to visit! And, helping me celebrate #29! As for Emery, she's getting better... we've had to resort to her swing some nights as she is too congested and continues to wake herself up. She has clearly spoiled me by her great sleeping habits... wasn't sure I was going to survive the first part of this past week. Hopefully she can shake this cold soon!!!
Seriously mom, I am not ready to wake up!

Girls day out!

Marterella Winery

Countryside is beautiful!

On our way to the next winery...

Barrel Oak Winery, our favorite!

Enjoying the sun!

La Grange Winery

One too many wine tastings!

Hanging out with Aunt Alli!

Emery & Mommy ... What's up with my hair?

Alli has her hands full!

Relaxing with Daddy!

Happy 29th! Party time!

Sick baby sleeping in her swing...

No comments: