Thursday, January 21, 2010

2010... Life's a bit CRAZY!!!

Wow, I can't believe January is almost over... 2010 is treating us well, but life is going by way too fast!

Ross & I took our first ski trip to Breckenridge with the Dallas Crew... yes, without Emery! I still can't believe that I agreed to be away from her for that long. She was in the loving care of Auntie L and Uncle J for seven days where she was spoilled and treated like a Queen! Thank you so much! Ross & I had a BLAST! Some much needed time together that focused on us. It was great to see all of my girlfriends, miss them so much! When we returned to VA, Emery had grown-up so much during that short week! We came back to a Baby Girl who loves to stand up ALL the time now! So, it was back to reality like always... we hit the road running again. Finished-out our work-weeks and was trying to catch-up on all of our cuddle-time with Emery. What do you know... I came down with the flu bug on Saturday... UGH! There went my weekend... This was the last thing we needed as I was scheduled to fly-out for work on Monday morning. Thank goodness it was just a 24-hr bug!

Daddy Daycare is open for business! Ross was all set & ready... from dressing her to feeding schedules to bath time... for some good father-daughter bonding time without Mommy! Poor Ross, as I was boarding the plane, he told me that he was coming down with the flu... oh no!!! What an awesome Daddy! He fought off the flu on Monday, had a recovery day at home with Emery on Tuesday, and then on Wednesday, Ms. Shirley calls Ross from daycare saying that she thinks Emery may have an ear infection... so, off to the doctor he goes! And, it's a DOUBLE ear infection along with breathing treatments 3 x day... Unbelieveable!!!

I'm pretty sure he was glad to see me tonight!!!

I feel like such a horrible Mommy... here I was passing off her fussiness for her teething and for me being gone. It's so hard to know where to draw the line between teething and an actual cold. I don't want to be that CRAZY mom who always shows up with a perfectly well baby at the doctor's office.

I have TONS of pics and videos ready to be downloaded... as soon as I get a chance I'm share them.

No comments: