Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Cherry Blossom 10-Miler

What a miserable race! There’s nothing like waking up at 4:30am to rain with the temperature in the lower 40’s and knowing that I have about 30 minutes before Leigh will be by to pick me up for the Cherry Blossom 10-mile Run… sounds exciting, right? It was freezing!!! I’m not going to lie… I’ve definitely had better running days. We were all bundled up with about 3-layers of shirts and topped off with a poncho, or a “trash bag” poncho in Leigh’s and my case. So, the race kicked off at about 8am and the rain had pretty much stopped… which was nice for a change! Until, I had to start shedding layers… and silly me forgot I wore my “Flash Dance” shirt. Yea, I looked REAL cute! And, then about the 8th mile, it started sprinkling again… Yuck! Needless to say, once the race was finished, we were all miserable and were practically power walking to the Metro… we just wanted to get home and take a HOT bath. Putting the weather aside, it was a great experience with the girls! I’m so glad we’re able to provide support, encouragement, and motivation for each other! Hopefully, the weather will be much better for the Charlottesville ½ Marathon! Wish me luck!!!

Jenn & I running...

No comments: